Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cooking Club

So my good friend, Alicia,and I have decided to host our very first cooking party. Alicia had the idea a few weeks ago to join a cooking club in the area since we both love to cook and try new things. Well instead of joining a club we’ve decided to host our very own cooking party at my place. We are very excited about it. I’ve been trying out a lot of new recipes and I can’t wait for others to try them. I already know that David loves my cooking so my confidence level is set pretty high. A few ideas that I have already thought about is creating an appetizer, a main meal and a dessert. I think for the first party we are going to cook something with that combination. Here is the first idea:

Appetizer:

Caesar/Greek Salad (Heather style)

Main Meal:

Spicy Sausage Tortellini

Dessert:

Cheesecake (Homemade)

Sounds pretty good huh? We are going to do some more research to see what all is involved in hosting a cooking party. Have any of you ever had one before? Ever been to one before? If so, please share your ideas and advice.

This week I am trying to cook a new meal every day. We were starting to get burned out having the same thing so I’ve kicked it up a notch. David loves to eat spicy food so I try to cook things that are a little spicy often. I have dinner for David and I planned out until next Monday. Last night’s dinner was big hit. I had never made it before and it turned out GREAT! Here is what our menu for this week looks like:

Monday-June 22nd

Fresh Baked Garlic & Herb Tilapia

Rice Pilaf

Fresh steamed broccoli

**This was so yummy. I like tilapia better than I like salmon so I’ll be cooking this a lot more**

Tuesday-June 23rd

Greek Salad

Wednesday-June 24th

Free for all because David is working

Thursday-June 25th

Spicy Chipotle Sausage Tortellini

Caesar Salad

Garlic Bread

Friday-June 26th

Pot Roast with potatoes and carrots

White rice

Saturday-June 27th

Baked pork chops (with a new seasoning/breading)

Mashed Potatoes and Gravy

Green Beans


I’ve come to realize, by planning this menu this week, that I spend a lot less time and money in the grocery store when I go in there knowing what meals I am going to make for the week and also having enough cash on me so that I don’t go over what I would like to spend. I am going to do this more often. When things get tight one must cut back on whatever they can, right? Well I am looking forward to my week of cooking! Maybe somewhere in there I will try a new dessert? I’ll make sure I share!

5 comments:

The Austin Family said...

I love to cook... my husband and I love to cook together! If I lived there I would totally join your club!

wife.mom.nurse said...

oh my goodness.., u've made me so hungry

YUM

Angela said...

Good luck with this and enjoy yourself.

Emily said...

ahh all those recipes look soo good... come and cook for me please:) please:)

Angela said...

How did the week turn out? Inquiring minds want to know. . .