Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Thursday Writing Assignment: Summer Plans!



Mama Kat is hosting Thursday's Writing Assignment again and I think that this week I will participate. I usually don't but I am feeling creative today :)

I am choosing her #5...My Plans for Summer Travel

I actually have quite a busy summer planned so far. For Memorial Weekend I will be flying to Charleston, SC to visit friends and family. Plans while I am home include shopping with my mom, going to the barn with my sister, hanging out with my friends, possibly going sailing with my daddy and me and my family are going camping in Myrtle Beach, SC which is about 1.5 hours away. The place we go to, OceanLakes, is this huge family campground right on the beach and it has a restaurant, grocery store, church, two pools and put put, playgrounds and a bunch of other really neat stuff. It's like the ultimate vacation spot if you love to go camping!

In June I am going home again for my best friend's, June 13th Wedding! :) I am super excited about it and David is coming with me. We will be driving and it will be super nice to have someone with me this time around. Driving that far alone is rough. We will be there for 4 days! YAY! :) The plan is for my little sister to come back to St. Pete with David and I and spend about 2 weeks until my parents take a trip down to pick her up. While she is here I would like to take her to Busch Gardens, Sea World and definetely the beach! I love the beaches here! :) I am hoping my parents will come down to get her so that they can see what I've done with my place since January! It's totally different since they've been here. There are a ton of things that I would LOVE to do with them while they are here.

In July David and I will be celebrating our 4 year anniversary! Can you believe it?? 4 years is such a long time. We will probably have something special planned for that weekend since our anniversary just so happens to be on the 4th of July! :) I'm thinking a really nice dinner, fireworks and maybe a trip to Sanibel Island? It's near Naples, FL and it's about a 2.5 hour drive from here and they have the most amazing beach and seashells ever.

The very end of July I am taking a trip to Minneapolis, MN for a work seminar! I am super excited because I have NEVER been to the midwest before! I'm sure I will stick out like a sore thumb because of my "southern accent"! HAH! I am hoping I get to see some of the sites and check out this really huge mall that everyone is talking about :)

After my stop there I am flying home to spend the weekend with my family. It will be my parent's 26th wedding anniversary so I would like to take them to dinner or something :) That is such a long time and I admire them for the love that they have for each other. They set such a great example and they are so happy and still in love like the day they were married.

I am hoping that my little sister will get to fly back home with me since she will only need a one way ticket, and she can spend a couple more weeks here with me! What a lucky girl huh? Four trips to FL in 7 months?? hehe...While she is here maybe we will check out Sea World if we don't get to in June or check out the Busch Gardens waterpark or Universal Studios or even Disney World! She would love that!

In August I am hoping my parents will again come down to visit. I'm sure there will be plenty of things for us to do while they are here. So much goes on in this area there is always something to do. For my birthday (August 19th) I am hoping to head to Charleston for the weekend, probably the weekend before to celebrate with my family. We will see....I would like to take a trip down to Miami so we'll see :)
Woooo sounds like I got a busy few months coming up! I am super excited about every bit of it. Thanks for listening and Happy Thursday!!! If you posted a writing assignment, tell me so in a comment and I will check it out! :)

4 comments:

April said...

Talk about a BUSY summer!

sherri said...

Your summer if FULL! SOunds like it will be a happy one.

Emily said...

busy, full and awesomely fun summer:) I love it:)

Trudy said...

Hi Heather! I'm stopping by from Mama Kat's...check out my writing assignment too!

Wow, sounds like a very busy, but fun-filled summer for you. Not sure how long you'll be in MPLS for your work conference, but if you need other suggestions, just ask. I work right across the street from that 'big mall'!

I love how much love for your family shows through in your writing...you have a beautiful and fun style!