Friday, May 15, 2009

Funny Video and Crohns Update

Hey everyone! I haven't posted in a few days because I've been real busy. I had my appointment yesterday for my Crohns and I am now on medication and apparently will have to take it for the rest of my life! It seems like my last GI doctor wasn't as informative about Crohns as he should have been and left out the fact that it's a chronic disease and has to be medicated to be kept in remission and to prevent the increased risk of colon cancer. So now that I know that, I plan on taking the medication basically until the day I die. I was super excited to hear that the doctor did not want to a colonoscopy right away. He wants to wait and see how the medicine works and if things get bad again we'll do one. So I basically got pretty good news at my appointment which is what I hoped for and for what you all prayed for! :) I have a few other less important issues that we are going to be doing some tests on. I also have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome...who knew??) that has been causing some other issues in my digestive area. My doctor thinks that I might have a gluten/wheat allergy that is causing those issues. So if the tests come back to show that that is the case, I may be on a new diet soon. I know some of you out there have children with that allergy so any advice would be great! I appreciate everyones concern and prayers. It's so nice to have all of you.
In other news...I am flying out next Thursday to visit home! I am super excited and have a weekend jam packed with fun things to do AND I got a huge surprise for my bride to be best friend and I can't wait! Her bachelorette party is Saturday and that morning we are getting pedicures and spending some much needed time together. Being so far away is hard on a relationship. I haven't been able to do as much as I would have liked to do as her MOH being 500 miles away from home so I am looking forward to next weekend! :) And I'm sure she is too! But no more about that because she does read this blog and I'm sure she's waiting for me to slip about the surprise! LOL!
Last night I went to a cocktail party that was being hosted at the Hilton St. Petersburg. It was basically a network gathering where you go to meet other business professionals in the area. I went with a group of people from work and we had a blast. Everything was entirely free even the open bars, the never-ending supply of fried lobster, tequila sauteed shrimp, fruit, desserts, HUMMUS, oysters, etc., etc. and live music and even some limbo!!! When you first walk into the hotel lobby there were a few different booths set up and the video below is something that me and 4 of the other girls made. I think you all will get a HUGE kick out of it! :) For some reason the song is not edited so I apologize for the few "bad words" that you may here. The song is "My Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas...

video

Well I'm not sure what my plans are for the weekend. I do know that I will be super busy tomorrow cleaning my apartment. I may go to the beach again (I know I go all the time...but how can I not when it's so beautiful and FREE?? I love spending one on one time with Latte because I don't get that much time with her during the weekdays) with some friends but I may not because we are suppose to have bad weather this weekend. The rain is much needed down here though. I do have alot of studying to do. I am about 15% of the way through with my Green Belt Training for work. That takes up alot of my time during the week nights, so I may take a break and not work on it this weekend. I haven't played much Sudoku since I was in the hospital one Monday night soooo there may be a little of that going on!

Have a great weekend everybody!!! :) Who doesn't love Friday?!

9 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

Saw you on April's blog and popped in to say hi!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

That video was so funny. Hope you have a great weekend. Thank God for the positive update, sounds like you are in good hands.

Following Him said...

So I saw about the gluten/wheat allergy and just wanted to let you know that I don't eat that or any soy, nuts, or fish. If you have any questions about gluten/wheat, let me know! Get ready to LABEL READ...oh yea it is that much fun!
Amazed that you are so positive too!
Have a great weekend!
~Elyse

Savvy Little Women - Kate said...

I loovve Friday :)! Glad you had a good update!

Fresh Mommy said...

Oh sounds like a great trip coming up!! It's good to know you've got a doctor who's proactive and who seems to know what he's doing... always a good thing.

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

The Griffith Family said...

TOO FREAKIN FUNNY.... loved the video...

Krystal said...

cute video! Do you work for Hilton? My brother does in Dallas. He has been with Hilton for several years!

We were in Orlando this past week! I saw St. Pete on the map while we were driving! We were at Disney all week and had several evenings of lots of rain! Which I heard was very much needed there too!

So glad you got in with the doc. quick! Hope you start feeling better soon!

Terri said...

Elisabeth Hassleback just released a book about living with Celiac's Disease and how she has been living gluten free for 7 years. It is a great book.

Praying that you are able to get everything straightened out.

Mama Kat said...

I have a friend who was diagnosed with Crohn's and based on his symptoms I am convinced a gluten free diet could help him!

I'm doing the gluten free diet right now with my kids. Definitely try it!