Sunday, March 15, 2009

Super Sunday!

Today was such a beautiful day! Little Miss Latte let me sleep in until 9:30 which was really nice. I never sleep in that late. Usually she has me up around 7:00 in the morning because she's so use to getting up early during the week. I came out of the bathroom after my shower and heard her crunching on something so I ran over and held her down while I pried (spelling?) her mouth open to see what she had. What do you know...it was a tooth! Down to the root and everything! I am hoping it was a baby tooth, but I am not sure. Anyway, I am going to keep it and maybe put it under my pillow tonight to see what the tooth fairy will bring me ;)

It was about 84 outside today and breezy so I decided that I was going to go to the beach! It was my first trip to the beach since I moved here and it was beautiful! I stayed for about two hours and studied for the GMAT while I was there. I didn't want to leave but I had to get home to do laundry and meet the cable guy. I did some rearranging of what furniture I do have and I messed my cable up. I had the guy come all the way out here only for him to push a button on the box.....??? I totally could have done that myself right? Why didn't he just tell me to do that on the phone?

After I met up with him I rode over for Ashley Furniture store to look at couches. I am getting a refund check this year and I desperately need living room furniture. These are the two that I picked out...which one do you guys like better? They're both the same exact price and they're made out of Microfiber! My parents are coming to visit me the weekend of the 27th and they're going to bring the truck so that they can pick the couch up from the warehouse for me! :)



My work is having a family picnic the weekend my parents are coming in! I am so excited that they are coming to visit me! I hope they get to come alot more now that my dad's business has picked back up. The weekend after that my sister and her best friend Danielle are coming down to spend their spring break with me! And on the 10th, the three of us plus Latte are driving back to Charleston and I will spend the rest of the weekend there, coming back to St. Pete on Sunday. I cant wait! We may get to go to see family in GA for Easter. I sure hope we decide to go, because I havent' seen them since Christmas.

Tuesday I am cooking a St. Patty's Day dinner of Corned Beef and Cabbage and Potatoes for David on Tuesday! Wish me luck! I've never done it before. I'm excited to see how it turns out!

Speaking of cooking, I bought a practically brand new crock pot at a Garage Sale today! :) I was so excited! I was heading out to the beach and saw a Garage sale at the front of my complex, glanced and saw she had a crock pot, so I stopped and got it for $10! What a deal! Those things are like $60 at Wal-Mart! I am going to cook my St. Patty's Day dinner in there!

Oh and the other highlight of my day was seeing the space shuttle, Discovery take off this evening! Talk about cool! I was jogging and had no idea it was taking off today and I turned around and saw it! It was amazing! I could see the actually shuttle, it was a bright dot, and you could tell when it hit the atmosphere because you saw it break apart from whatever it is that breaks apart when it hits the atmosphere. LOL...ok so I am no science dork but you get the idea! I had no idea that we could see that all the way over here in St. Pete! Keep in mind that I am on the west coast and the shuttle took off on the east coast of Florida!

Well I am done for the night...I hope everyone had a great weekend! :)

Secret about this coming weekend is coming soon!

8 comments:

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

What a great weekend it sounds like you had.

I like the second couch best, could be because we have the same one, in a different color. Microfiber is easy to clean.

I am sure your St. Paddy day dinner will come out great in the crock-pot. That is how I do mine, and we all love it.

Blessings

Cheryl Lage said...

CROCK POTS RULE!!!
Enjoy! And the date-y love, too. :)

BoufMom9 said...

First off, your blog looks FANTASTIC!

Second, very cool about seeing the space shuttle take off. You are the second blog i read today that was able to see it. How cool!

Personally, I like the first couch better, only because I have a couch with tons of pillows and they get to be uncomfortable after a while because they move around so much...

Good luck cooking your St pats meal in the crockpot. I am making potato soup and Irish soda bread. YUM!

Melissa said...

Joe and I were on an airplane (coming home from vacation) when Discovery took off...and we got to see it from the plane...over Jersey...it was so cool!!

Alicia Mae said...

I didn't know you garage sale shop...take me with you next time!!! haha I love doing that!!! Good find! How did the dinner turn out?

I like the first couch just because its different and you can always change those two pillows on the sides...but both are cute!

The Griffith Family said...

I'm jeolous that you have nice weather like that and then even more jeolous that you have a BEACH- real BEACH to go lay on. The pic was nice- I could almost hear the waves crashing. As far as the couch- if it's not too late to vote I like the first one. But they're both nice. Also- I'm so happy you're getting to see your family. I remember those days when mom and dad would come visit us when I first moved out. AND the space shuttle is really cool. When we lived in ST. Mary's GA- we could see it too... that's a long way away. Sounds like life is good- take care- love ya- Michele

The Griffith Family said...

OH yea... I have that crock pot and LOVE IT. You did get an awesome deal too... start putting that baby to use.

Honey Mommy said...

I don't know which couch I would pick... it depends on your wall paint and other decor.

Tan matches everything, but is a bit more boring... good luck choosing!