Monday, February 23, 2009

My Trip! :)

Ok so here are some pictures from my trip home. Most of you know that I went to D.C. before I got to go to Charleston but I am posting the pictures from my trip to Charleston first. I have to do some editing of my D.C. pictures before I post a slideshow of those.




I had a blast! :) I got to see two old family friends (we go way back...about 9 years) while I was in D.C. I actually spent most of my time in Manassas with my dear old friends Michele and Jamie! I haven't seen them in years and they were so generous to open their door for me! We had such a great time spending time together and I am so glad that I got to go to D.C. so that I could spend some time with Michele and her family. My class took most of my time BUT I did get to do things like ride the VRE (Virginia Railroad Express), the Metro (nothing like NYC subway), the Whitehosue (not as big as you think), the Washington Monument (simply amazing), the Lincoln Memorial (my absolute favorite), WWII Memorial (another favorite), Korean War Memorial, Veteran's Wall, The Capitol Building and the Pentagon and Pentagon Memorial (very very sad). 3 hours and 10 miles of walking later completed my tour of D.C.! LOL....that's about all we could fit into the busy schedule. I will have to say, Michele, that I will never forget walking about D.C. with you and Jaima while there was a 20 degree wind chill blowing us over! THANK YOU for being such a great friend!!! ;)

I did get a cold from such a drastic temperature change in such a short period of time but it was totally worth it and I can't wait to go back and visit the Griffiths again and see what else the beautiful city of D.C. has to offer! :)



It was so great to get to go home too. I havent' seen my family and my friends in a couple of months. I had a great time in Charleston too. I didn't get home until late Friday night from D.C. but I was greated with smiles, hugs and kisses from the best parents and little sister in the whole world! :) The next day I spent some time with my mom before heading out to dinner with my best friends to celebrate Crystal's 23rd birthday! Happy Birthday again girl...I love you! :) We went to dinner at Carrabba's then we all hung out at Crystal and Rob's place and watched Step Brothers....great fun and hilarious movie!

Sunday I went to the Golden Corral (yum) with my family (mom, dad, sisters, niece and bil) and Angela and Christopher (family friends) and we chowed down on some yummy food and celebrated my big sister's 26th birthday!! Happy Birthday Brandy! I love you! :)

Then last night it was time to head back to St. Petersburg....but look what was waiting for me when I got home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how happy I was to see my puppy! She was so excited that she peed all over me! :) I didn't mind...I missed her so much!

2 comments:

Angel7502 said...

Awesome pictures. Next time you visit DC, visit Arlingtion National Cemetary. The changing of the guard ceremony is awesome.

Elaine said...

Glad you had a good time. Great pictures.