Thursday, February 12, 2009

Excuse me, how much?

$850.00 is how much....

How much I had to PAY at the DMV today to get Florida tags and to get my car registered, because:

#1 Florida has 7% sales tax on vehicles....
#2 That sales tax applies to the car trying to be registered IF the car was bought less than 6 months prior to registration...regardless of the state the car was purchased in...
#3 SC only has 5% sales tax but they cap it at $300 on car taxes....which meant that I had to pay 7% sales tax on the total price of my car!!!
#4 FL is whack!

I considered driving around with SC tags for another 5 months but decided that was probably not a good idea....lol

Welcome to the freakin' sunshine state.....

Now I'm going to go make cupcakes for work tomorrow....and yes I will probably eat three of them!

4 comments:

Elaine said...

That is horrible.

Missy said...

Oh no! That is ridiculous! But yum on the cupcakes!

The Griffith Family said...

I would've kept the SC tags and just waited... I'm sure there're a grace period that you have once you move to a new state. Enjoy the cupcakes... see you next week ;o)

Jen B. said...

Holy cow! That is horrible!