Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I love NYC!

I love the Big Apple! The busy streets, tons of people, taxis everywhere, horse and carriages, tons of shopping, big tall buildings and great food! :) There is so much to love about NYC. It's definetely a place that everyone should visit before they leave this great Earth. I could never live there but I do enjoy visiting and I can't wait to go back. It's especially beautiful during Christmas time. Everything is decorated, Christmas music is on everywhere and it's just amazing!

This trip was my third. The first trip was with some friends back in 03. We were staying in Jersey and we took the train into the city for the day. Not much that you can do in one day but it was fun. We took a fairy ride to see the Statue of Liberty; went to the top of the Empire State Building and visited the WTC memorial. The second trip was last year with my mom, dad and little sister. It was so fun! We had to get use to the subway and taxis. Once you get the hang of it, it's not so bad :) We went to China Town, Little Italy and did ALOT of shopping :)

This trip was by far the most fun! :) I went with my mom, dad, little sister, big sister and niece! My big sister use to live in the city so she helped out alot with directions, shopping and good places to eat!

Our trip started off kind of rough. We were suppose to have a non-stop flight from Charleston to LaGuardia but due to high winds they kept pushing our flight back and weren't sure if we would even be able to fly out on Friday! We got lucky and were able to change our flight to a flight that took us through Philly and then to LaGuardia. They had to hold our plane and they actually were able to find our luggage and get it on the same plane! Imagine that. I guess my idea of the bright red and green shiny ribbon worked out nice huh? ;)

Once we got to Philly we had about 20 minutes to get to our connecting flight. Philly airport is huge! You've all seen the movies where the family is running as fast as they can to get to their flight with the Christmas music in the background?? Well yes, let's just say that was my family...and of course we did make it from gate A to F, yes F in 20 minutes with about 2 minutes to spare! HAHA!!! Even our bags made it too. So it all worked our for everyone and we landed two hours later than our original scheduled time!

We did alot of shopping and had so much fun! We ate lunch in the Trump Towers "YOU'RE FIRED!!", went to Tiffany's and had lunch in Time Square! I have some awesome pictures but I misplaced my camera battery charger and now I have to order one off-line before I can upload my pictures! I can't even turn the camera on!

Our hotel was very nice. We stayed at the Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers. If you are planning on taking a trip to NYC check it out. It's priced good and it's in a perfect location. Two avenues away from 5th Avenue (shopping) and just a handful of blocks away from Time Square! :)

I could go on and on about the city. I wish I was still there! It truly is amazing and everyone should go if you ever get the chance. Especially at Christmas time. I've been during the middle of the summer and it's not so great. The people of the city are great. Not everyone is mean like some people think they are. We met some very nice, sweet and respectful people. Don't ask for Sweet Tea if you are from the south because you will not find any anywhere! Only my momma would ask for Sweet Tea! haha

Oh and in case you were wanting some useless information....there are a grand total of 291 Starbucks in NYC! Can you believe that?!?! We had alot of Starbucks while we were there. It was very cold on Saturday. The wind chill was in the mid teens! Burr!! Good thing I am moving to Florida soon!

Aside from my NYC trip we had an Earthquake in Charleston today!!! I was laying in my bed sleeping and my whole bed and house started shaking and I heard a loud rumble. My mom started yelling and we all ran outside and the neighbors were out there too. We have lived in this house for 19 years and we never had an earthquake like that! Sometimes we have a small tremor but this time is was scary!!! We live on a fault line and it makes me nervous. You never think about things like that going on underneath the ground. It ended up being a 3.6 on the earthquake scale! Pretty big for an area like this. I sure hope nothing big is coming our way....although they have been saying that we are way overdue for a big one!

I will post pictures as soon as I can! I am anxious to see them on my computer screen instead of that small screen on the camera! :) Happy Tuesday everyone! Until then, I will post a few pictures of some Christmas decorations around my house!






4 comments:

rachael said...

i love the snowman! and nyc!

Cheryl Lage said...

WOW! It sounds like you have done NYC right! And your decorations and photographs of them are simply beautiful. Greeting card stuff (and I mean that as a COMPLETE compliment!)

BoufMom9 said...

I am so glad you had a great trip to NYC.
You are so right! the Philly airport is HUGE! That is the airport we use most often and it is enormous.
Next time you are up in the n. east, try a WaWa coffee. It kicks Starbucks butt and costs 1/4 the price :)

Elaine said...

The house looks great, so glad you had a good time in NYC.. Been there once and loved it.