Friday, December 19, 2008

I got my offer in the mail today :) Nice to actually see it on paper!

I've been apartment searching all day and I think I have found the perfect place. They have a corporate discount rate of 8% off every month's rent! They wave all fees including the pet fees which means I can get a doggie and not have to pay the outrageous pet deposit! There is a dog part and the community is gated and it's very close to my job. There is a gym and several pools which is great because it's warm mostly all year down there! They also have hiking trails.
Pretty cool huh?

I'm sure some of you are wondering the name of the company I am going to be working for. You may have heard of it before. It's a multi-billion dollar corporation and they have offices all over the world. The company is called General Dynamics. I am going to be working at the Ordnance and Tactical Systems headquarters. Within GD there are 4 branches: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Marine Systems and Information Systems and Technology. The Ordnance and Tactical Systems branch is a part of the Combat Systems. This job is pretty cool and because we deal with Defense contracting most of what I do is secretive. There are certain things I can and cannot say, like what I'll be doing. I'm use to this kind of environment because of my past employment with Force Protection, which some of you may have heard about. GD is a great company and has been around a long time. They employ over 91,000 people through out all of their facilities and brought in about $27.2 billion in revenue last year. They are very stable in this unstable market, which I'm sure all of you know that the economy is not doing so hot right now and the unemployment rate is climbing....especially here in Charleston. This is why I am so fortunate to land such an amazing job opportunity PLUS this job is really freakin cool!!! hehehe

I've really enjoyed my employment working with Defense Contractors and I'm excited that my career is heading in that direction. I would be very happy to work in this type of environment and industry for the rest of my life. I love purchasing, procurement and Importing/Exporting and just the whole logistics aspect of it all.

So again, as you can tell, I am very excited about this job. I am going to go big places with this company and I can't wait to start. It's going to be such a great learning experience as well as a very challenging job. So much to learn and so much opportunity to grow.

Aside from my job excitement, I have began to run again! :) Go me! Today was my second day and I totally forgot to post about it yesterday. A couple months ago I had built myself up about 3 miles a day. I think I pulled a muscle in my right side because I would have seriously sharp pains everytime I would start running. It hurt so bad and I could barely walk so I had to stop for a while. When I started back yesterday I was good to go! :) No sharp pain, just a little heart pain, but that's because I need to build back up the strength. I LOVE to run....its very theraputic and I'm excited to get back in to it. Oh yeah, another reason why I started back is because it's been close to 80 during the day here! Can you believe that? But starting on Sunday it's going to get cold again.....so I'll probably cut back on the running. It hurts my chest to run in the cold.

Anyway, I have to go run and pick up my little sister and her best friend from school and take them to the barn :)

Tomorrow is going to be fun. My big sister Brandy is graduating from College of Charleston with a B.S. in Accountancy! Go girl! :) I'm proud of her and our parents are proud that two of their daughters graduated from college in the same year! :) You can imagine how excited and proud they must be of their girls! Happy Friday everybody!

GOD IS GREAT! :)

4 comments:

Elaine said...

God is good, so happy for you.

Following Him said...

The offer sounds amazing :) Good job on running again...I am walking since my asthma does not permit me to run. You go girl!
~Elyse~

Jen B. said...

Sounds like a wonderful job!

And CONGRATS to your big sis on graduating!

Melissa said...

CONGRATS!!! Hiw exciting for you.... and glad to hear you are running again; I need to get back into it too.