Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Shin Splints


Ugh! Don't you just hate shin splints? I got some bad ones right now! They hurt really bad today, but I pushed through my run anyway. I am trying so hard and tomorrow I will probably take a break so that I don't kill my legs. When I was done with my cool down today a neighbor around the corner told me that I was doing well. He sees me all the time jogging...he's always outside with his little girls. Anyway....he asked me how I was doing and I told him about my legs hurting really bad. Well he use to be in the Army so he gave me a bunch of pointers and some ice packs to put on my legs to ice my shins when they get sore. It worked well for me today and they actually feel better but I anticipate that they will hurt tomorrow. Oh well, I guess I will just take a break!


There is only one more day until my mom's surgery. My grandma is coming in to stay for a week to help take care of things so it'll be really nice to have her around. My best friend, Crystal, is going to stay the night and go with us to the hospital early Friday morning. We have to be there by 6am and the hospital is about 40 mintues away. My mom is getting really nervous about the surgery, but she's ready to get it over with. Please say a prayer for her if you don't mind. She will need some strength over her healing process.


Well it's rather late and I must work tomorrow! Have a great night everyone!

1 comment:

The Griffith Family said...

I will definately have your mom in my prayers...
Sorry you got those shin splits... stretch, stretch, stretch- If you are an avid runner- it's worth investing in a good pair of running shoes. I give you credit and proud that you are motivated to stick it out- I'd given up long time ago.